From the time when flat screen monitors got launched in the market, monitor stands have become a necessity to support these flat screens which have a very sleek size and also very light in weight in comparison to those CRT screens which used to be so huge and bulky. When you buy a flat screen monitor, it usually comes with a horizontal base. But, a stand can actually offer flexibility in terms of angle, positioning, height etc. Using such stands can prevent you from getting back aches, neck aches and too much straining the eyes.
There are various types of stands available in the market. This monitor stand guide mentioned below will help you to decide upon the stand that suits perfectly for your requirements.
Varieties of Monitors
- First one is monitor riser. This is an elevated stand which does not occupy much of the desk space and uses very less surface space. The screen looks like floating on the stand.
- The second one is a free standing monitor that requires no drilling. They are very stable and can be moved easily on the desk surface.
- Next is the single bracket stand which has a single mount for a single screen.
- Fourth are multiple bracket stands that can support a number of screens but it remains stationary.
- Articulating mounts are used for both single and multiple screens. It is flexible and can be positioned in an unlimited way with the help of a pivot or a hinge.
- There are Monitor arms which are so flexible that they can easily bend or swing. They are not limited to a static position.
- Lastly, monitor bases are the one that can be mounted on a wall or can be fastened to the edge of the desk or can be inserted through a hole in the desk to secure it underneath.